Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Pretty Fair Hand

This morning I am thinking of a country song by Montgomery Gentry. Lucky Man. I especialy like the line"Gods' given me a pretty fair hand." I think that about sums it up. Whether you attend church regularly or just pray at home makes no difference. In fact all of us are dealt a hand at birth and then it is left up to us to play the cards. Choice,isn't that what God has given to us ? It is what I believe. Not to start preaching a sermon here but thought I'd share my thoughts. I have plenty of excuses I could use to feel down,abused,neglected and treated unfairly but that takes a lot of energy. Negative charges go to ground. That's an electrical fact as well as a fact in personal life. Dwell on the negative and you will go to the ground without having done any useful work. Positive energy is what gets things done. So this morning in particular, for reasons I don't know, I feel like God has given me a pretty fair hand. I haven't always played the cards right but hindsight is 20/20. There are still plenty left in the deck. All this talk of cards reminds me of an old Bill Anderson tune called the Deck of Cards.
I have a roof over my head,food to eat,a wife that loves me,great kids and grand kids. My health is good and it is a beautiful day. Yes," God has given me a pretty fair hand and it is up to me to use it wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment