Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Prudence

  I have been posting about this experimental therapy that is being touted as a vaccine. It is not a vaccine in the traditional sense of the word. It seems to me we have begun calling a lot of things in a non- traditional way. Yesterday I wrote about verbal assault, that's the non traditional way of saying I'm expressing an opinion you don't agree with. If I include expletives in that opinion that is an assault. If I include unflattering words or phrases It could be an assault. Assault is a crime and verbal assault is just hate speech. And hate speech is anything that you don't agree with. But I've been over that. So why are they calling this a vaccine? The real reason is simple, it is something never tried on humans before, something we really only have a rudimentary understanding of, and something we aren't really certain will work as we hope it works. A true vaccine contains a small amount of the virus that we are trying to get immunity from. This does not.
 That's the basic idea of a vaccine and one we are all familiar with. My thinking is they are calling this a vaccine in an attempt to ease any fears we lay people may have. Steam engine, gas engine, diesel engine, all the same thing right? If you don't know anything about engines they are. An engine and a motor, same thing right? No, actually they are two distinctly different things. An engine develops energy to make it work within itself, a motor receives that energy from an outside source. The same way this "vaccine" receives its' energy from a man made source not from the virus itself. I realize that is simplistic but I'm not a doctor or a scientist. We are injecting a foreign substance in the belief it will stimulate a response by the bodies immune system. We are hoping it produces a spike protein. The spike protein is the killer. The vaccine spreads throughout the body quickly accumulating in organs and tissues. The hope is it doesn't cause any unexpected issues, especially in the long term. 
 We are tampering with the building blocks of the human body. It's an attempt to fool the body into responding to something that isn't there. If I do not have the "virus" should I have my body responding to that? That's the question in my mind. Any doctor will tell you, do not take medicine for the sake of taking medicine. medicine should only be taken in response to an illness. But you say this isn't medicine it is a vaccine, and we have been using vaccines for many years. 
 Yes we have, but this isn't a vaccine. That's not to say it won't work but the point is simply this, it is not a vaccine and it has never been tried on humans before. This therapy is suddenly developed in response to a virus that we can't identify the source of. Is it a naturally occurring virus in nature? Or was this virus the result of man tampering with the building blocks? Regardless of intent, safeguards and motivations, just where did this come from? We don't know? Or do we know and really don't want to admit that we screwed up? Is this "vaccine" reversed engineered? Is the Delta variant the result of a naturally mutating virus, like all virus's do, or is that a part of the experiment gone wrong? We didn't think it would do that or we didn't think the body would respond like that? 
 To add to all these unanswered questions I'm seeing a governmental push to have everyone injected with one of the three varieties of therapies. Are they all the same? Apparently not as some have to be refrigerated, although I don't hear about that much anymore, another requires two shots or is it three? The third one I rarely hear anything about at all. Three therapies developed in record time in response to a virus we can't identify. For me, the uneducated lay person without a degree in biology, or in medicine, it just seems a little bit miraculous. Well, unless you already knew what created it in the first place then the fix is easier. If that is reversible that is. Is that what these therapies are supposed to do? Are they designed to reverse a biological reaction to a substance that was man made in a laboratory in China? It's beginning to sound that way to me. We screwed up and this is the fix! You have to get the fix whether you like it or not. The cow is out of the barn and we need to close the door? But I'm just a conspiracy theorist, an anti-vaxxer, and won't trust the science. Truth is I'm just hesitating, weighing my choices. I never was much of a follower when it comes to taking a risk. Yes that roller coaster has been ridden by thousands of people hundreds of times but I still don't trust it, I don't like it, and I'm not getting on it. My choice. You wanna ride? Climb aboard. Want to inject an experimental product into my system? No, I'll pass on that. Just seems like the prudent thing to do. Like checking the depth of the water before diving in. You go first, I'll watch. 
prudence
[ˈpro͞odns]
NOUN
  1. the quality of being prudent; cautiousness.
    "we need to exercise prudence in such important matters"
    synonyms:
    wisdom · judgment · good judgment · judiciousness · sagacity · shrewdness · advisability · common sense · sense · caution · cautiousness · care · carefulness · canniness · chariness · wariness · circumspection · far-sightedness · foresight · forethought · 

No comments:

Post a Comment