Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Informed

  This morning I have to console myself with the knowledge that the polls reported on television aren't really reflective of America. I want to believe that. Last evening it was said that according to a recent poll 48% of Americans believe the government should regulate misinformation. The newscaster was quite excited about that as she wholeheartedly agreed. What I heard was, almost half of the people in the country would be fine with being censored. Regulate misinformation? That is modern day speech for, control of information, the very tactic Hitler and his cronies employed. That was followed by book burning. I can't bring myself to believe that almost half of the people in America would be alright with that, they can't be that naïve, can they? Are they that frightened of truth that they are willing to allow the government to determine what is truth and what is not.
 It is said we live in the information age. From young children, right on up information is at our fingertips. It has been hailed as a triumph. So many people be "woke." We have become concerned with the things that happened two hundred years ago and are taking action! We broadcast each first. We can review what others posted twenty years back and hold them accountable for that. Celebrities and the commoners alike have suffered from that, the indiscretions of their past coming back to bite them. And we feel great about that, justice is served! Statues that offend and opportunities denied must be rectified. Information run through the filter of time and homogenized to satisfy the palette of the woke. We mustn't let anything interfere with that. 
 I just can't believe that anyone would think that control of information is a good thing. How can that ever be a good thing? I've said it before and continue to support Facebook or other free platforms to regulate what they will allow on their sites. I've been excluded from Facebook for expressing an opinion they didn't like and it was their right to do so. I don't like it but it is what it is. I don't pay a cent to use it and it certainly isn't anything that is essential. Information is essential! All the information is essential to the thinking man. Yes even conspiracy theories, far left or far right ideas should be freely shared. It is up to the individual to discern their own truth! It is not a function of government! 
 This particular poll was taken in response to vaccine hesitancy. Have you noticed how the official narrative is one of, you are not cooperating. People are hesitating to be injected with an experimental therapy. Now they announce that it has received FDA approval so, just like that, it is declared safe and effective after just seven months. I'm not supposed to feel like that approval was received in response to political pressure, but rather based on science. I'm not supposed to consider that Pfizer can now advertise their product and make it available. If I advertise a product why would I do that?  Couldn't be for a profit could it? Does anyone really believe any of that was done for free? Research, development, manufacture and distribution of three vaccines, all free. If only information could be controlled than I wouldn't have any questions about that. It is my feeling approval was granted for only one reason, to encourage compliance. Second and third waves, threats of isolation, denial of freedom, deadly variants and daily mortality figures haven't convinced everyone so we will now say it is approved! Well, if the government approves it must be alright! That should work. 
 I give this approval a vote of no confidence! I do not trust the government to be honest and straightforward in this regard. It is obvious that government wanted approval. Never before in the history of the FDA has an experimental therapy been fully approved in seven months. Remember this isn't really a vaccine at all but rather some hybrid formulation never tried on humans before. But I'm supposed to place full confidence in this after seven months! No, sounds more like the boy who cried wolf to me. It was only a week ago that I listened as the Governor of Maryland said, I will pressure the government to approve this vaccine with everything that I can. I'm certain he wasn't the only one applying political pressure. Interesting to note that approval followed, almost immediately after Bidens withdrawal debacle. But I'm certain politics never played a role. No, I vote no confidence.

1 comment:

  1. You can always BELIEVE anything you want to, but it sure doesn't make it a fact. Sorry

    ReplyDelete