Monday, October 26, 2015

Ranting and raving

 Are we never to " grow " up ? I really wonder about that these days. With the things I see and hear these days from what should be " adults " I can't help it. I see the way they dress, in public, and the nonsense that comes out of their mouths and I am appalled. Time to grow up people ! Time to face reality and the real world. The things that were " cool " twenty years ago are just that, cool twenty years ago. Today they, and you, just look foolish.
 I understand there is a whole industry built around this. The array of products is simply amazing. You name it, you can buy a pill or a procedure to fix it. When you start to receive warnings like, check with your doctor before doing this, perhaps you should reconsider your priorities ! Look, I'm just sayin'. I'm not saying you should just sit on the couch and do nothing, but really you are not twenty years old anymore !
 What I find even more troubling is this supporting of things that are just juvenile. If I support certain things that makes me current and hip, right ? Oh, that's right we aren't Hip anymore,  is the preferred term now " relevant ? " Older folks that cuss a lot, make crude references to sexual activities and smoke weed are the " in thing. " Maturity is a bad word. Maturity implies a week and feeble mind and body. No longer is the wise old sage respected. Some good examples of this are the current crop of politicians. Do they look or act mature ? Not in my book they don't. Those reporting the news are the same way. Hey, when Walter Cronkite said something, you listened. Who are we listening to now ? See my point ? That was because Walter had grown up ! He was a mature elder statesman whose opinions were respected.
 We need to stop living in this fairy tale world of everything is cool man ! Whether you like it or not there are, or at least should be, certain standards to be met. It isn't always a pleasant thing this making of decisions, but it is a necessary thing. If we continue in the fashion that we are, our society will collapse. I can't see any way of sustaining it without reigning in some of this liberal nonsense. Grow up ! Yes, you have to work for your money. Yes, some people make more money than you ! You know what ? Some people are smarter and better looking too, get over it ! Growing up means learning to live with what life has handed you. Dignity and grace cost nothing ! I'm hearing a whole generation of " whiners. " Get over it and just grow up. All I hear about is fairness and equality. Guess what ? Life isn't fair and not all things are equal ! Shocking isn't it. Deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment