Thursday, October 22, 2015

Here we go

 I read , with some degree of admiration, of those that have purchased their Christmas gifts. They are wrapped and ready ! It certainly is a wise thing to do and I can see the benefits. Removing the stress from the upcoming holiday season does leave tine for full enjoyment of festivities. I'm certain bargains can be had throughout the year as well. It sounds wonderful.
 I consider this very plan every year. Every year I fail to execute it. With the way things change I am afraid to purchase a gift too far in advance. What is pretty cool right now may not be so next week. Also, the biggest impediment is I tend to give the gift way before Christmas arrives. I get excited about having found something I think the other person will be excited about and well, I can't wait. I admit it, I'm weak. Running around, at the last minute to find the gifts is also part of the festivities for me. I can't sing or act so I am not involved in any of that, a consideration those talented enough to participate in surely must consider. I've got time. I don't entertain much or go to Christmas parties so.
These are my " reasons " for not doing it. The are well reasoned and prudent. At least that is what I keep telling myself. Now a week or so before the big day I will be rethinking the whole thing. It is kind of a tradition. I'll be mumbling about I should have started earlier. I'll be thinking, " you were told, why didn't you listen, now the bargains you be missin, it's a cold night, no store in sight, looking for the last minute gift."  I'm so disgusted I forget to rhyme the last verse.
 I am getting better though. I'm thinking about it anyway. I do like shopping on the internet. I don't like crowds so it works great for me. I do hesitate on some purchases. I like to hold and examine the product and that is a problem. It doesn't bother me much with electronics or other " hard " products but clothing and such is a different thing altogether.
 The season is fast approaching. I've got to get started soon. Well, December is soon enough. Let's get through Thanksgiving first. Yeah, that's the thinking. Here we go again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment