Sunday, September 13, 2015

taken for granted

 I didn't post anything yesterday as my computer isn't cooperating. It is such a love/hate relationship . I love it when it works but hate it when it doesn't. It is so frustrating. Now it is working but in a very fragile state. I'm not certain if it will continue to work of just quit. Well it quit with that last sentence and I have just resumed. To say I lack confidence in the reliability of this machine is a gross understatement. I had already go online, using the wife's laptop, and ordered a replacement. I'm not canceling that order just yet !
 I really wasn't aware just how much I am dependent upon my computer. I felt lost, just a little bit. Almost as though I was disconnected from the world. Just serves as a reminder of how " disconnected " from the world we can become using these things. I really do need to walk away from the keyboard a bit more often. I should heed my own advice, all things in moderation. The workings of this computer remain pretty much a mystery to me. I can talk about components but can't tell you what they do, exactly. Why it worked, stopped, worked again and then I thought it died for good I'll probably never know. It seems to be resurrected somehow. I will take the credit however. I removed the two ram cards and switched them in their slots. Put the thing back together and plugged it in. Now I'm typing again. The cost ? A lot of aggravation and frustration. And the worst part is a feeling of no confidence.
 So now I will add computer repair to my resume. LOL, even I find that funny. Still it is working for now and I'm happy about that. The Ravens are going to play some football in about an hour and I'm happy about that as well. It's all good, as the kids say. Hopefully this machine works tomorrow and I'll post something a bit more interesting. You just can't take anything for granted and this two day ordeal with my computer stands as proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment