Friday, September 18, 2015

Back in '63

 Well I wrote a blog posting yesterday, put the link on Facebook, just forget to publish the blog. I published it today. At least I remembered to write the thing. And today the journey continues. Having kids to care for sure is a lot of work, even when they are older kids ! How I got this far is an amazement in itself. Maybe that is why I was " less than responsible " back in the day. It was kids than drove me to drink ! Now, I'm driving myself, more coffee please ! Make it a double.
 Yesterday I had to take Mark to the orthodontist. Pick him up at school and run twenty miles to the office. Piece of cake, should be no problem. Well, first I can't find the office. Riding up and down, back and forth. Eventually I surrender that " man pride " and ask someone. They look at me like I'm an old codger that is senile or something. They do tell me directions, a bit loudly, guess they figured I can't hear, and repeat it twice. Asking if I understand I get that condescending smile that says, you old fart, and I say thank you " sonny " couldn't resist the sarcasm, and move on. We get to the office just fine. No problem just a small bump in the road, right ? Wrong, on the way back to school the car breaks down ! At first it seems like it is no big deal, a broken belt. I can fix that and as luck would have it I manage to pull into the parking lot of an auto parts store. Alright, Grandpa got this. Wrong ! The belt is broken because the harmonic balancer is broken ! Can't replace that in the parking lot. I need a tow. Long story short, 141.25 dollars  and three hours later and the broken car is in my back yard ! Not the kids' fault, just the way things have been going lately.
 The kids do not have school today, it is what they call an " in-service " day for the teachers. That doesn't mean the schedule will be any less hectic. There is plenty of soccer and dancing to do ! The only difference is the kids have more time to drive the wife nuts ! No break today, tomorrow, or Sunday. Time may fly but these days are crawling ! Just how many hours are there in a day ? More coffee, please. I should quit complaining though and remember to treasure this time with the children. Yeah, that's easy to say. It is like medicine, easy to give but unpleasant to take. I'd rather just take a video and watch it later, with a pause button. Wouldn't that be wonderful ? Or at least it could be like a sitcom, each episode only lasts about 18 minutes.
 The delivery truck comes early to the store this morning. I need to go to work and unload that thing. About 46,000 lbs. of groceries. It doesn't seem that bad after yesterdays adventures. Hopefully all goes well. We do have a soccer game this afternoon and I'm looking forward to that. I'll get through this week somehow. I'm going to need a vacation myself. I'll be happy with a " staycation " that is sure. Or maybe I need to get far, far away. Out of cell phone range and no internet ! Back to 1963 would be great ! Ah, life was great back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment