Friday, September 18, 2015

just ramblin' on

With all that I have going on right now my mind doesn't have time to think. I'm just reacting to the schedules posted on the refrigerator door. I have always helped out getting the kids here and there and that is my job after all, so I'm not complaining. Normally however their is mom and dad and grandpa for the backup plan. Now I am the plan ! I'm doing the running for three. Today is the orthodontist, soccer ( two separate instances of that ) and dance. Guess it'll be a slow day. I did manage to cut the grass yesterday afternoon but still have the weed eating to do. I noticed the " fall " grass coming in and even a few leaves beginning to turn. Won't be long.
 I did miss the debate last night but I hear the Donald won. I also heard that Carly came in a close second. I'll have to read more about it when I get the chance, like, next week. All this changing of routine is a little difficult for a social security recipient. Yup, got my first check from Uncle Sam, couldn't believe it. Oh, it is no fortune that much is fact but I can buy an extra cup od coffee anyway. Maybe I'll go on vacation, I hear a lot of the old folks go to McDonalds in the morning, I could go socialize. If I went to the McDonalds in Easton it would be like a vacation. That's a distance of twenty miles from here. Senior road trip !
 Not much time for writing and trying to be witty this morning. Places to go ad things to do. An obvious thought did come to me that I will share. I remember the days when you got paid and you figured out how much you could spend. I mean, of course, in disposable income after the bills were paid. In todays' economy that has changed. Now it appears you only need to figure out how much you can finance ! Ten per cent down and easy monthly payments. It's nothing new. One of my favorite Honeymooners shows concerned just that. Norton had financed a new refrigerator and Alice wanted one also. Ralph  naturally was opposed. So, Ralph counts up all their money, savings account and all and informs Alice that they have 38.25 in the bank ! And then he says, that's something we have that Norton doesn't have Alive, financial security ! They were not in debt. A funny skit but very true.   

No comments:

Post a Comment