Monday, September 21, 2015

A sad state of affairs

 With the news that Ahmed was detained for bringing a suspicious device into school a whole new discussion has ensued, I guess that " pop tart gun " was not questionable in any way. If it looks like a gun, it is a gun ! I don't care if he was a first grader, he made a gun out of that pop tart. How come he wasn't invited to the white house ? I'd say that was pretty inventive. What was up with that kid that brought a butter knife to school ? Was it really a samurai sword and he a trained assassin ? Kudo's to nipping that in the bud. Where either of those children Muslims ? Just what kind of profiling was going on there ? Christians on crusades ? You don't hear that as a possible motive though. Look, I'm just sayin'. I saw a police photograph of this " clock " and I couldn't tell what it was supposed to be. The authorities reacted in exactly the way I would hope they would. And despite what the media would report the kid wasn't arrested, he was detained. I used to do that to my own boys, " you're not going anywhere young man. " Surely a child of his intelligence would have been aware of the current political climate and the things going on around him in the world. His parents had no clue either ? Send the kid to school with a briefcase full of circuit boards and wires hanging out. Nothing suspicious about that.
 The whole story makes me sad. Sad that we even have to have this discussion. Our schools are in almost perpetual lockdown. Are we paranoid ? The answer will be no, we are being prudent and a bit cautious. Sounds like our Grandparents doesn't it ? That is the world our kids and grandkids live in. Stranger danger ! Don't trust anyone. Even the Police are suspect. Innocence is gone. Open borders and all inclusive. That is the price you pay for those things. That is the price of freedom. Invite criminals and crooks to the party and complain about the lost items. But don't " profile  " those same criminals and crooks for what they are, that would just be wrong. I'm not saying that boy was a criminal or a crook. What I am saying is the school did what was necessary. Who would have been suspicious of a pressure cooker before the Boston bombing ? Not many of us I can assure you that. How about lawn fertilizer and diesel fuel ? Makes a heck of a bomb though ! That's what we have to look for now, look for the worst case scenario first. Look before you leap ! Sounds simplistic doesn't it ? It's just a sad state of affairs any way you look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment