Friday, December 26, 2014

Looking forward

I woke up to the radio and no Christmas songs. It's over for another year. It is a bit unfortunate that Christmas songs are the only acceptable religious themed music for the general public. I mean, sure there are Christian radio stations and the like but other than that you just don't hear many religious based tunes on the radio. Yeah, I know, we had Jesus take the wheel, but that is an exception. And then we wonder why Christmas has become such a commercial event.
This week will be the year in review shows. I do enjoy them. It is always amazing to see what has taken place that I forgot about. Strange how that happens. Just goes to show how quickly we adapt and move on. I read a interesting little fact just the other day. In was on Christmas day in 1990 that the internet, as we now know it, premiered. I know 1990 was twenty four years ago but when you are sixty one that doesn't seem that long ago. It was the year my father passed. He never knew anything about an internet. This year I will remember as the year my brother passed. It is an event I will not forget. Those year in review shows will remind me of the other events this year.
In years past I would have been anticipating New Years Eve. Now, it is just a date on the calendar. If I try really hard and am lucky I may stay awake long enough to see the ball drop. I have moved passed the party scene. I have nothing against those that wish to imbibe, that is their prerogative, it is just I have a hard enough time remembering things as it is. And another thing is, nothing is more annoying to me that being with those that are under the influence when I am not. Now there was a day when I would join right in and find the whole thing hilarious. Somehow things aren't quite as funny when you are sober ! Funny what a lack of oxygen does to the brain.
I did receive a 42 inch flat screen television as a gift ! Wow, what a surprise that was. So this Christmas I went from a tube television to a flat screen. I moved into the 21st century ! I'm thinking in 2015 I will have to become more contemporary in my home furnishings. I will begin with a new television stand. I mentioned mounting it to the wall to my wife, she says, it would look like we were in a bar !  I had to agree and then thought it would also remind me of a hospital room. A stand does sound much nicer when you give it some thought. I'm not sure if she would go with the theater seating idea either. Maybe a sound bar ? I hear they are all the rage. Well at least a popcorn popper would make a good addition.
I look forward to 2015 with hope. A new year always offers new opportunities. It is all there for the taking. On New Years eve I will be watching. I may try to stay awake all the way to the next year. On the other hand 2015 is going to be a great year. I can feel it. I'm going to need a good night's sleep. Now about that tv stand. I seem to remember them having wheels, wonder if they still make those kind ?

                                         
Might need one a little larger ! But that looks contemporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment