Friday, August 15, 2014

Scattered

Our brains are like computers. This morning mine doesn't want to boot up. Too many programs trying to load simultaneously. My thoughts jumping from one thing to another. Events in Missouri, events in Iraq, the argument over the name of a football team and the punishment of a football player over domestic violence. Too much rain, now it is cool outside and a super moon. I just can't seem to get one program to load correctly. Maybe I need to reboot or defragment. I don't know I don't know that much about computers or brains !
I do think we spend too much time being in everyone else's business and not enough in our own. Advice sure is easier to give than to receive. That doesn't necessarily make us blessed though. Just a thought. It is even harder to follow your own advice. I am one of those that are quick to dispense advice or opinion but may be slow to practice it. I think that is because when giving advice to others you can be detached from the situation. I mean, I'm not taking away the chocolate from myself. Cold and analytic is easier. Just the facts, maam ! Someone used to say that all the time.
Another thought keeps circling in my mind, a program running in the background, this notion of a secular society. I saw a posting for that on Facebook. Join in the secular society because that is what freedom is. You can not be free if you practice religion. It is a puzzle to me. How could anyone of any intelligence at all think that way ? Can they be so egotistical that they believe they know it all, they have all the answers. More likely is that they are ignorant, ignorance means a lack of knowledge. Or is this secular society a means to justify doing whatever one finds pleasing without the guilt of knowing that it is wrong ?
Well this little blog is a blog about nothing. Like an episode of Seinfeld. Too bad it isn't as funny. I hope my brain gets into gear and back on track. The weekend is straight ahead. Keeping my eye on the prize. I admit that sometimes the view gets foggy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment