Saturday, March 23, 2013

Something New

Today will be a first ! Today number 27, Mark Reichart will play in his very first official Lacrosse game. We have to travel a distance of about thirty miles to get there. We will be leaving early, as the game is scheduled for 8am. No one told me Lacrosse had to be played at first light. The air is brisk and biting. We are expecting gusty winds. Grandma and Grandpa will be dressing warmly and taking extra blankets along.
This will be a first for us as well. I have never been to a Lacrosse game before. Or is it a match ? I'm not up on the terminology of the game. I also know little of the rules involved. I am looking forward to this experience. I'm sure there will a lot of hollering goin' on from my part. I do know you don't have to know anything about the game or rules to do that. Been to plenty of baseball games and soccer games to have learned that. Parents and Grandparents don't need to be bothered with those details ! Their grandsons or granddaughters are always being treated unjustly. Believe me, I'll let the officials know my opinion. Well at least until my wife tells me to be quiet. LOL
Because of the distance traveled our team will be playing two games today. So today will also be a second. I hope for a good clean contest. I also would like the game to be competitive. Lacrosse is fairly new to Caroline County, so our teams are less experienced. We are playing teams from a neighboring county that have had the program longer. I just hope the contest isn't too lopsided.

Mark
                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment