Friday, March 15, 2013

Self Examination

Each morning I sit at this computer and have a conversation with myself. Sometimes I type my thoughts and share them with you. At others times I boil them down to a sort of eclectic stew. The news is usually on the television as I write and I may borrow from that source. Yesterdays conversations may also enter the mix. My favorites are always my own original thoughts. It is difficult to discern them at times. Some sound familiar and perhaps I have heard that said before. I do think there is little to be said, that hasn't been said before. Moving old thoughts into contemporary speech can be of benefit but I can't take credit for that thought.
An occasional line of thought does enter and I will share that. Most of the time I just post it as a status on my Facebook page. It has been my intention to write those thoughts down in a book to pass to the grandkids. I don't feel I have enough material,or the value of that material is sufficient to consider publication. I have not done so and now that time has passed. I expect I could recover those old postings but it would require an effort. They will reside in cyber land forever. For all my preaching about writing things down I haven't followed my own advice. I procrastinate ! I admit it, it is a failing of mine. I have a ton of ideas but often fail to act upon them. I am easily distracted or dissuaded from them. A lack of focus ? I don't think so. It is just that my focus gets shifted. Persistence is the path to success. A stick to it'ness. Encouragement is the motivator. Well I suppose I should quantify that last statement. Encouragement is the motivator for me. It is the thing I need to continue in my efforts. Lacking that, I quickly shift tracks. It is a selfish thing. The engine that drives me is acceptance. Acceptance and recognition. Other than the fact I can't paint or draw, it is the reason I could never be a starving artist. I could never do anything just for the art. I would require acknowledgement. I don't deal well with rejection.
That is my self analysis for this day. I think that is what these blogs are becoming. Self therapy. Physician heal thyself ! This comes from the Bible and means, attend to your faults first, then help others. Sound advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment