Thursday, September 13, 2012

Interrupted

I awoke the other day to issues with the internet. Nothing wrong on my end, but due to planned maintenance on their end, they were, unable to restore your service at this time. Please call 1-800-Comcast for assistance ! Arrg ! Not the dreaded call them message. This isn't going to be easy. Let me begin by saying, I am an American, I live in America, in an American town, with all my billing sent in the English language. I want to speak to someone in ENGLISH, please. Now, with that out of the way could we also dispense with all the, do I want to purchase this or upgrade to that nonsense. I'll be perfectly happy if you can just restore my service, that I already paid for ! Almost two days later and they discover, what a surprise, there was an error on their part. There was no physical damage to the system, no hardware or software problem, nothing wrong at all in fact except they made a mistake. " Sorry ". Will I be given credit for the time I lost ? Nope. So now I'm ripped off for two days service. Guess I'll only be getting 28 days this billing cycle. Oh well, pretend it is February I suppose. Funny how that works out isn't it ?  Doesn't work the other way around though.
I'm back online and although somewhat disgruntled, happy to have my service back. I think they count on that too. That is why the whole process of dealing with them is so frustrating. All part of the plan. To get you so mad and frustrated that when they finally get around to actually helping you, you are just grateful the experience is over. Like going to the dentist. Necessary, but what a relief when that is over ! 
Now, just what was I thinking about a couple days ago when I was going to write my blog ? 



No comments:

Post a Comment