Saturday, September 29, 2012

A simple thought

I have come to realize another thing about blog writing. My essays on life in you will. One reason I enjoy it so, is I'm not being interrupted. No thought is a simple thought and must be explained. Often times the explanation of thought is interrupted by another's question, comment or rejection of the idea altogether.
Most of the time in general conversation that is not an issue, but when really discussing something it can be problematic. Please let me finish my thought before interjecting your own. I'm sure we have all felt this way on one occasion or another. I wasn't finished with my thought !
Now I know that can be my own fault. Perhaps I am not being concise enough or clear enough in my explanation. Brevity in conversation can be a blessing. I am no different from most, I do tend to go on about things that interest me or I find important. And so I have found an outlet. I can now fully explore whatever thought I have, uninterrupted. The only drawback being, someone has to actually read them. I do have  small readership and I appreciate that. Yes, it would be great if the entire world would just listen to me, but that's not gonna happen. I'll live with it.
Today's thought is, there is no simple thought. All of our thoughts come from our experiences in life. The older we become the more complicated the thought process. More data to analyze. It may take a little time for me to sift through that data. The speed of the processor may also be affected by someone interrupting the process. The trick is to not become bogged down by it all. Back to the brevity aspect. We have all been told at some point in our lives to think before you speak. Good advice. Everything seems to be much faster nowadays. Perhaps if we just slowed down a bit we could avoid some of these misunderstandings and mishaps along the way. Pause, give the person time to complete their thought. And more importantly don't interject your own without thinking about what it is. Thinking out loud is often not a good thing, at least not to those around you. They may not process the data the same as you. Maybe there should be a rule about it. No speaking, or replying to being spoken to, without a minimum of a ten second pause. Now there is a simple thought..

No comments:

Post a Comment