Friday, September 28, 2012

Election Time

My grandson is going to make a run for election. Student council. I couldn't be happier. I just think it is a wonderful thing. He has set a goal and is going for it. His sister has agreed to help with the campaign posters.
The rules clearly state, no electronic devices or social media are to be used in the campaign. Posters,flyers and good old word of mouth. I think Dad will secretly be the campaign manager.
The election itself is based on a four part process. The popular vote, an essay, an interview and teacher selection. Mark has already anaylized his chances. Not wildly popular with the electorate he has decided to run upon his merits. A wise decision. And I must say he has a strong foundation in that area. He is active in many programs over a broad spectrum. A memeber of the youth group at his church, the youngest active member of the Greensboro chapter of the Caroline County Historical society, was nominated for and attended The National Youth Leadership program in Washington,D.C. An honors student and participants in baseball and soccer.
It is an exciting time around my house. I can't wait to see his posters and read his essay. I, too am anxious about the election. I think he has an excellant chance of winning. All the credentials are in place. Marks Dad, you may recall, is one of the Commisioners of Greensboro. So I am hopeful for Mark to continue that legacy of service to the community. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment: