Saturday, September 22, 2012

A decade of Love

A decade has passed since the birth of my grand daughter Morgan. She informs me she is now double digits ! I sit and wonder how that can be. I remember each holiday and milestone in her life. I was with her when she took her first steps. In fact I was there when he stood upright for the very first time. I made her a certificate celebrating that very occasion. I've watched her grow from Barney to Justin Bieber.
What a wonderful decade it has been. She has been growing and getting older, all the while keeping me younger ! Now that is a win,win situation.
Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and trick or treating. Birthday cakes and sleepovers. And asking Grandpa to brush her hair. Life doesn't get much sweeter than that. Those bright eyes, loving smile and laughter. And now I face a new decade. The decade of awakening. Not looking forward to that. The time of teenage angst and heartbreak. I know what awaits and wish she could just bypass all that. Or at the very least skip over the bad parts.
There is nothing to do but join her on her journey. I hope she brings Grandpa along.

That's my Girl !

1 comment:

  1. You are a fantastic Grandpa! How wonderful that you care so much about the little things in your grandchildren's life,that you would create a photo document of her first attempt at standing!

    ReplyDelete