Friday, August 3, 2012

Truth is

I have been fortunate to make many road trips with the Grandkids. To go on vacation with them and share that " quality" time.  Sometimes a small the problem arises during this time. Quality time can get noisy or argumentative. I found an effective solution to this problem some years ago. It's a little game I called, Graveyard. The kids have to lie perfectly still and absolutely quiet. Eyes closed. Those in the graveyard can not see or peek. Grandma and Grandpa keep a lookout. The one staying motionless and quiet the longest is the winner. When all goes as planned, Grandparents and parents are the winners ! I am always surprised at how well this works. I have even had them ask to play !
When I was a child we played a game while riding. Name the car make and model. We could almost always tell just by looking at the tail lights. Don't think that game would work so well today. Of course we played I spy. That game doesn't last so long though. Things moving a little fast. I do find it funny that given all the entertainment possibilities in today's vehicles, dvd players,i-pods and such that Graveyard should become the most popular. I'm sure the kids will use this device with their own children someday. I can't help but wonder when they will realize what its' true intent was. I'm not telling. Let that be one of the " truths " of life that they discover on their own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment