Thursday, August 16, 2012

Deferred Action

I have been trying to refrain from political statements but sometimes I just can't help it. Now all I hear about is a program called deferred action. This deferred action would grant amnesty to illegal immigrants for a period of two years. What's next ? A deferred action plan for any crime committed ? If I rob a bank can I have the action deferred for two years ? Illegal immigration is a crime ! Period, end of story.
What is even more amazing are the qualifications. You must have entered the country prior to your sixteenth birthday. We'll take your word for it though. You must have graduated from High School. In other words you must have already received a free education and probably free lunches illegally. A GED will suffice. If you have served in the military that counts. My question is, how did you get in my armed forces as an illegal immigrant ?
This whole ill conceived program is fraught with dangers. There are no safeguards against fraud. All it is going to do is add thousands more to the welfare rolls. This will encourage even more illegal entries into the country. I find the whole thing incredulous. If you don't know how to control crime, just grant amnesty ? Yeah,that'll solve the problem.
Only good thing is that it is a policy, not a law. Come next January this whole bunch of nonsense can come to a quick end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment