Saturday, July 31, 2021

I'm covered

  I guess I'm watching too much television these days. When I feel a familiarity with Flo, Jonathan and Jake from State farm, I'd say that was true. And although I don't know his name the guy telling me my car will break down at any minute is also a familiar voice. You can risk it but your car will break down, it'll be your worst nightmare. Each one of these are selling insurance. The premise of the sale is that it's inevitable, you will die and your car will break down. Well at least with Jake you will only be in an accident and can get affordable rates. The general will do that as well. I don't feel bad about knowing all of that though, you know it too, admit it. Yes the advertising is working isn't it, you know who they are. 
 Maybe it is just my age and the shows I watch but the advertisements are targeting us "mature" citizens or seniors whichever term you prefer. Call this number now to see if you qualify for more benefits! Even Jimmy "JJ" Walker is in on the act. And you know who he is too. It's "Dyn-O-Mite." Beaver Cleaver is using Revitive, now Medicare approved. You are going to need those benefits to pay for all the medications you need to live an active life! And when you die, and that could happen any second, don't leave all your bills behind for your children, you need final expenses insurance! Well that may be but I figure it this way, the last thing I pay for is my final expense, I won't be paying after that. Yes death and taxes are a sure thing, and I will stop paying taxes when I am dead, even though I might be voting. Yeah I've made arrangements to pay for my disposal but nothing beyond that. Maybe they are hoping you just don't know but unless someone else co-signed the note, no one else is responsible to pay your debts. Those debts die with me! And yes those companies all have insurance for that eventuality as well. Insurance companies are insured against loss. It's an amazing circle really. 
 The plan is working though, we are getting to be on a first name basis with those folks. It's basic human psychology. When you feel like you know them you are more likely to trust them. Hey, we are all friends here, I wouldn't sell you a product you don't need. That old fashioned professional attitude gets people asking too many questions, just take my word for it. Jonathan will hook you up with the 9.95 plan. That's cheap enough and no medical questions! Doesn't matter to us if you have one foot in the grave or not, we aren't going to pay you a thing for the next two years anyway. And Jake is like a good neighbor, he'll be there. Flo and her posse are pretty amusing always clowning around. They will just bundle it all together for you, one big package. They aren't insuring your car repairs just yet but I'm expecting that at any time. Of course you could buy Home Shield and never have to pay for repairs again. Oh wait, that's the car guy giving you the peace of mind to drive your car, Home Shield protects your appliances, heating, air conditioning and other stuff. 
  If you are now worried about how you are going to pay for all this insurance so you don't have to pay for everything there is a solution for that too. A reverse mortgage! Yes, you can use the equity in your house to pay for all of that stuff and not have to make a mortgage payment. You earned that. And you get to maintain the house, pay all the property taxes and live there as long as you like. Heck you can even sell that house if you want to. The bank is going to pay you. Tom Selleck assures you it all legit, on the up and up. He isn't doing those commercials for the money, not at all, he just wants to be sure you are taken care of. Now a reverse mortgage isn't for everyone, only those that actually own a house and have sufficient equity in that house can qualify but don't let that concern you. Got your house paid for after thirty years? Or do you have the payments down to a reasonable level? Don't worry, the bank will give you the money now, pay them back whenever, we're all friends here. 
  I almost forgot about Limu Emu and Doug. Liberty mutual will take care of you. I do miss the man from Farmers Insurance though, they knew a thing or two because they had seen a thing or two. I haven't seen those commercials lately though. They were fun. But the salesman was a bit too professional I don't know his name. I better call Jonathan he'll give me a free gift, just for calling. In that way I can get the security I need at a price I can afford. And in todays world it is all about guarantees, safety and security. We should all get what we want, when we want it, at the price we want to pay! Barring that, we should it for free! Now I better call that medicare hotline, lines are open 24/7 and no obligation to buy. Can I get an additional 127 dollars added to my social security check? Better check that zip code.      

No comments:

Post a Comment