Tuesday, July 23, 2019

the plan

 I'm writing this at 3:30 this morning because the plan for the day is to go crabbing. The grandkids, the wife and I figure on leaving about 5. I know, here it is over half way through July and I haven't been crabbing yet. Well having gotten the required license from the state and gathered the equipment we are ready. I did have to check those regulations, they change every year. This year we can catch only male crabs 5 and one quarter inches or larger. No females this year. Everyone wants the males anyway although I have to admit I have never been that particular. A crab is a crab and very tasty. Strangely I never acquired the taste for crabs until I moved to Maryland. It is just further evidence that so far there isn't a seafood I don't enjoy. I've had a big variety that's for sure.
 So the plan is my grandson will pick us up at 5. That's an amazing statement, my grandson will pick us up. How did we get to this point? He has an suv and more room that my car. My granddaughter is coming along too, she's bringing her boyfriend! I don't mind, in that way I can keep an eye on things. In about three weeks Mark goes off to college and will be on his own in the world. I know, I know, but that's the way it feels. Big changes are on the horizon. Morgan starts the 11th grade this year. No more little kids. But for today, we are going crabbing. It'll be like old times.
 I need to get up and get moving. I am looking forward to the day. I'm hoping the storms hold off, there is supposed to be a big change in the weather.As near as I can tell nothing happened last night, at least not around here. It's a drive of about thirty miles to get to the bridge we will be crabbing off. Times sure do change. When I was a kid a drive of thirty miles was a trip! It was practically a vacation. Now I'll drive that far to go crabbing. If you grew up where I did, you'll understand. So, enjoy the day. My plans are set. Going crabbing.    

No comments:

Post a Comment