Friday, July 13, 2018

life goes on

 My grandson has an interest in politics and government in general. I'd say Mark has mostly conservative leanings, surprising given the agenda the schools are pushing. But I'm not going to get into all of that. The thing is, Mark has always been on the conservative side. Now his sister has zero interest in any of it. I don't know what her political leanings are but I believe she has recently learned a lesson. You see, Morgan got her first real job babysitting, although I'm thinking there is probably a different name for it these days, perhaps family service daycare worker or something similar. Whatever you call it she watches anywhere from one to three children. She did receive her paycheck and after banking the obligatory amount in accordance with her parents rules, she was free to go shopping with the remainder. After doing so her comment was, it isn't easy to go shopping on a budget! And in that I realized she had learned a lesson about government, even if she wasn't aware of that. The lesson? It is far easier to spend other peoples money than your own! Yes, her liberal ways of spending are going to have to change. Being the intelligent young lady that she is, she did notice that on her very first experience.
 Setting aside the lesson in government I did find it amusing. Morgan had to work hard for that money, and being a beginner at babysitting and child care in general, it was quite stressful for her. Then having received her paycheck she was required ( you could say it's a parental tax ) to deposit a set percentage in her savings account. She wasn't as anxious to spend that money as when Dad or Mom was paying that much was evident. Ah, the lessons we have to learn in life. It was rewarding to me to see all of that, a sort of reassurance. I'm confident that Morgan is learning the value of a dollar and it is a valuable lesson indeed. Yes, I'm proud that my grandkids are learning about money. I'm hoping that she realizes when you are spending others peoples money that you have to exercise the same care and concern as if it were your own. It is a lesson far too many have failed to learn today in my opinion.
 One of the greatest joys in life is to watch your grandchildren grow and learn. It is doubly so when they are doing great. Yes, I'm full of pride for them and believe they are good kids. Do they have flaws? Sure, but not so you would notice anyway. It's a comfort and a reassurance that the world will go on. With all the stuff we see in the news, all the gloom and doom, I can see that it isn't all bad. I'm thinking Mark will be a leader, he's not much of a follower, never has been. He has that inner strength and conviction that is required to be a leader. Morgan hasn't decided what she wants exactly but Morgan has a compassionate soul. I can see her in health care or something similar. It's an amazing, thing really, like watching a flower bloom. You get a peek every now and again of what it may look like. But, I'm still waiting for the full bloom. It's an exciting thing. Morgan will be getting her learner's permit in the fall and wants grandpa to teach her to drive. That's exciting, just not in the same way! I can't help but think that one day she'll be a grandmother telling her grandchild, I remember when you had to know how to drive a car, yes that's right, they didn't drive themselves. And life goes on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment