Sunday, July 15, 2018

American family

 Maybe it's just me but I' thinking things are finally beginning to calm down a bit. What I mean is we still have flares up every few days but for the most part things seem calmer. Could it be that folks are really starting to understand you can't solve problems by name calling and protesting? Yes, both of those actions will draw attention to you or your cause but you do have to have solution to offer beyond saying I don't like it. Just denying reality isn't helping a thing. Being outraged over reality doesn't help either. It is my fervent prayer the tantrum is over!
One thing remaining is this Mueller investigation. How much longer are we going to throw money at the past? Even if the Russians or whomever attempted to influence the elections I just don't get the issue. Every politician running for office, whether it is the mayor of the smallest town in America or a national platform, is trying to influence the way you vote! Unless you can show me clear evidence that the Russians, or anyone else,  is actually changing the votes in the ballot box I don't see the problem. As the Romans would say, caveat emptor! Buyer beware. I believe that applies to goods, services and politicians! They all sound good when they are trying to sell you something. If you believe and are influenced by ads or whatever that is on you. I don't know about you but I don't want the government controlling what I can read, write, see or hear! There are those politicians that would dearly love that! So would I if I'm the one benefitting from it.
 As I said we have these little flare ups every few days. The latest being the interview with that FBI agent. Things did get a little vicious there. No matter which side you were taking the hearing was far from what I would call " professional. " It did sound more like a bunch of soccer Moms arguing a call. A little bit embarrassing to tell you the truth of it. Then I heard Stormy Daniels gets arrested and subsequently the charges are dropped. Not that I care one way or the other but she was dancing in a strip club, surely there were witnesses to the alleged infractions. Her lawyer says it was a set up. Look, either she touched the guy(s) or she didn't. It doesn't make any difference to me if they went there with that intent or not. Unless they grabbed her hand and forced her to touch them it isn't a set up! You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Isn't that right? But it made the evening news why? Bias ? I don't know but it was a waste of time and taxpayers money.
 I hope the fires aren't just smoldering. The mid-terms are coming up and the results could ignite a real firestorm. I do get the sense that if a certain party isn't successful that will be the result. There is a lot at stake, that much can't be denied. It is a real shame that our government has to be so divided. I do question just who those folks are representing at times? And believe me when I tell you it is on both sides of the proverbial aisle. I just want my representative to represent America! That is their primary function in my opinion. To do what is best for America, to preserve the Republic! Call me callous, call me whatever you will but I say America first!

1 Timothy 5:8

But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. (We must help our family and provide for our household!) I'd say that applies to a nation as well. The American family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment