Thursday, July 26, 2018

A plan

 My plan today is to go catch a few crabs. Maryland is famous for its' blue crabs. I guess being born by the water and around fisherman I feel the need to get an early start. I've got my gear together and the only thing I need now is a bag of ice. I'll be heading for Cambridge where there is an old traffic bridge the state has converted for use by fisherman and crabbers. It's a pretty ideal setup for recreational crabbing. I'm hoping to get enough to steam up for supper. I am not one to get greedy about it, get what you need and leave.
 Growing up we never ate crabs. We were more fish and clams folks. I would see those crabs in the creek but paid them no mind. Also when the season was right, eels. Here they sell eels for use as bait and treasure the crabs. The holy grail, the top of the line for me is Lobster! Always has been and always will be. A steamed Lobster setting in front of me with a cup of melted butter on the side! That's all I need. I require no side dishes whatsoever. And no, I don't need a bib as not a single morsel will escape!
 As with most of the east coast this week it has been rain every day. The rain is supposed to clear out today. That is what I am counting on. I really don't want to be on a bridge in the middle of the bay during a storm. I don't mind the rain it is the wind and lightening that gives me pause. This bridge is quite long and can take some time to evacuate. I did make a concession to age and purchased a wagon to haul my stuff in. This will be its' maiden outing. Yes, I'll look a bit like a tourist but I can't be concerned with that. Anyway, that is what is on my mind this morning. So good day I've gotta run.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment