Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Exploited

The last few days they have been advertising the interview between Dr. Phil and the girl that was abducted and abused  by that fellow Castro. Promos for the interview abounded, even appearing on the evening news shows several times. Teasing pieces of the interview interjected here and there. I found it disgusting.
I am convinced that this interview was conducted for the sole purpose of ratings. Sensationalist journalism at it's ugliest. Of what possible benefit could this interview be ? As a warning ? To scare us all straight ? I don't think so.
That the victims of this obviously demented and deranged person should get help is without question. The telling of the tale can be a part of the healing. The airing of the interview serves only one purpose; to satisfy the morbid curiosity of the general public. She is writing a book as well. Dr. Phils' son is a book publisher, coincidence ? Perhaps, but I am cynical in this regard. We shall see when the book comes out. Can a made for tv movie be far behind ?
This isn't the first time these horrid circumstances and incidences are exploited for financial gains. It is an age old story. I think what I do find troubling is Dr. Phil would be willing to be a part of it. Is there no moral code to being a therapist ? He professes to be so intelligent and his son son publishes his books. Why even the great one, Oprah, endorses him. And in my opinion this interview is something I would expect from Jerry Springer ! The man has credentials that is without question. I am left wondering why one would sacrifice those accomplishments for this. Surely it isn't the money ! I think he already had a good amount of that. I am left astonished. Has his ego expanded to the point he can no longer see his own shadow ? In the promo he is asking questions like, did you have any idea you would be held captive for ten years ? Ah, yeah Dr. Phil  sure I did, that is why I went with him. What kind of silly question is that ? I did not watch the interview. My reasoning was of what possible benefit could it be ?
I am left with nothing but sadness. Sadness for the victims of this maniac. Sadness that a man of letters, a once respected Doctor, would sully his name and reputation on this cheap piece of journalism. Is this to become his legacy ? The man that talked to the victim of Areil Castro ? I am sad too that so many would watch this and by watching give approval. What other monster lurks out there waiting for an opportunity ? I suppose the least we can do it provide reassurance to whomever awaits, that we will air it all on national television. We will write books and make movies about you. You too can become immortal in evil ! Should you survive you can be interviewed by Dr. Phil ! Baring that , we'll settle for your victims ! And the exploitation continues.



No comments:

Post a Comment