Sunday, February 3, 2013

Stretching

I am way behind in today's blog. Here it is three in the afternoon and I'm just sitting down to write. The day has been rather hectic so far, but soon I'll settle down to watch the Super Bowl ! The kids spent the night and that disrupted my early morning writing. Got them off to church but by then I had started work on a project here in the house. No time for writing. Stop on that for a trip with the wife to the grocery store. Big sale starts today and don't want to miss out. Back from the store and time to finish up the project I started. Well, it is not complete but I cleaned up the mess I made anyway. Now time to write.
I seldom know what it is I'm going to write about until I sit down. Today is no exception. I have decided to write about being in a routine. As we age our lives do become routine. Some would say we are stuck in a rut. I don't think so. I'm just in a comfortable place on cruise control. I like knowing what's coming and being prepared for that. With age one does lose flexibility, in both ways, mentally and physically. That's not to say one shouldn't still stretch, I do that, but can't stretch as far as I could twenty years ago. That's just part of life.
I find changes cause stress. I can't explain why that should be so, only that it is so. I get stressed out easily nowadays. Was a time when I just took it all in stride, now not so much. Maybe that is because my stride isn't as long, part of the flexibility thing. The reaction is different now. In the past when I got stressed I got angry. I don't get angry now, just grumpy. Find myself muttering under my breath about things. After a bit I'll take a nap. A nap fixes everything. I guess life does go in cycles. Took naps years ago and that fixed things then too. Stick with what works, that's my motto.
That's all I have for today. Everything is discombobulated ! Never tried spelling that word before but spell checker didn't underline it so it must be right. Enough stretching for today. A quick nap and then some football. Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment