Monday, February 11, 2013

Dressing Up

I am not much on award shows or the Hollywood scene in general. Whereas I admire the talents it seems they often lack social skills. Often times their behavior is closer to a spoiled little child than anything else. And so it was with amusement that I heard the people running the Grammys sent out a memo regarding dress. I didn't stay up to watch the show. I did watch the opening act, Taylor Swift, and her outfit seemed to be in keeping with the request. I think she is rather conservative in dress anyway, but I'm no expert in that field.
One presenter following her made a remark about receiving the memo, as she showed one of her legs through the slit in her gown. Very elegant.
I have heard of wardrobe malfunctions in the past. Malfunction or a childish prank it did garner attention. I have noticed this trend to pay more for their outfits while getting less material. In some cases I would assume if you spend that much money getting "work" done you want to show everyone. I have an old fashioned view of things, the promise is often better than the actual gift. Why these starlets/entertainers insist on looking like they are going to a strip club instead of an awards ceremony I don't understand. I know, sex sells, but in order to get where they are, they had to have already sold. Why not show some class.
These entertainers are role models. Whether they want to be or not is not the point. They are. If they are modeling a reflection of society I must say I'm not happy with it. At the very least show some common sense in your choice of wardrobe. Says a lot when you have to get a memo about that. I didn't get a memo. I was sent back upstairs to put on the proper dress for the occasion. Get those Sunday go to Meeting clothes on boy ! You're not going out of this house looking like that !

No comments:

Post a Comment