Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Follow the plan

I took my grandson for our little camping adventure. It rained hard the first night but we still had a good time. This being a planned event I had written two blogs and scheduled them for publication. Everything went off without a hitch.
Well,except for Monday. A series of storms had knocked out my wireless connection to the Internet. Unable to get online I was lost. I couldn't check in on my facebook friends or get to the site to write and post my blog.
I have been doing this writing for a year now and had only missed two days posting. Now,barely three days into the next year I'm short a day already. I can't explain why, but I feel like I missed something. I sat looking at the computer. I tried to connect but same message appeared. I looked at some files on the computer, pictures,the family tree and some older word documents. Tried to connect,same message. My wife was in the kitchen with her laptop doing the same thing. No connection for her either ! On one of my trips to the kitchen for a snack,I eat a lot when I'm bored,the wife says," what did we do before the Internet ?" Ha, I didn't have an immediate response. What did we do ? Watch television and read ? Guess so.
Anyway,this interruption in the daily routine has knocked me off my game. I wasn't prepared for the loss of the Internet. Several of my readers wondered what happened to me. I do appreciate them thinking about me. Nice to know when you are missed. It is amazing how much this one little thing has thrown me off. Yesterday I had the most difficult time writing down my thoughts.  It was almost like I had never done that before ! Good grief. When I finally finished a portion of what I had down wasn't saved, and I had to start over.
Some say it is old age setting in. I'm in my routine and I don't like it when it changes without notice. I'm a flexible enough person,as long as I know ahead of time. I can adapt but it takes time. The nerve of that Internet service provider to have my service interrupted ! I need my own satellite.
The truth of the matter is I'm spoiled. Used to having the Internet at my fingertips. Log on and go to my blogging or whatever else strikes my fancy. When it wasn't long ago I had that old slowpoke dial up connection. When the computer only had a single core processor and we were using floppy discs. I'm spoiled. I want the cyber world at my fingertips. When are there going to make a computer with speech recognition so I could just dictate and have the thing type itself ! This is the 21st century !
I hope I don't have that happen again. Of course yesterday we had an earthquake, and a hurricane is heading in this general direction, so you never know. At least I have some notice about the hurricane.
Yes and today is the beginning of the school year. More changes to my routine.
Life is a constantly changing cycle that repeats itself. What is the name for that kind of statement ? An oxymoron ? I don't know, I never was good at English.
I do know I don't like my schedule interrupted. I have a plan ! I keep telling people that, I have a plan. Now if I could only get the rest of the world to follow the plan. Well,that's another whole deal there isn't it ?

No comments:

Post a Comment