Thursday, August 4, 2011

Accessories

A few days ago  I wrote about the little things. I had purchased this little apple clock for my kitchen. It brightened my kitchen and my life. I am still enjoying it. The thing is,often times,the little things lead to bigger things.
My wife and I were at the local Walmart, shopping for totally unrelated items, when this apple print wallpaper boarder just jumped off the shelf at me. I was just walking along when I was drawn to it like a moth to a flame. Needless to say it wound up in my cart. It will make a nice addition to the decor. Getting home with it I held it up to see the effect. It will be great ! First though, I really should put a fresh coat of paint on the walls. The ceiling has to be done too. You know, new floor tile would really top it off. Well, bottom it off I guess. The wife says she saw some cute pot holders and hand towels too.
Maybe some new drawer pulls and cabinet door handles to complete the theme. This " little thing " is snowballing for sure.
My wife's sister is here for a visit and she has been sucked into this apple vortex. She started the painting and is also anxious to put up that boarder. Someone had best stop this . I don't want this to spread any further. I just really liked that clock. How did this get this large ? All my preaching about the little things indeed ! Well, I will end this project ! As soon as I find curtains to match. LOL
The little things in life are the best things. It is all the accessories that wear you down. If you think about it that applies to almost everything. I just invented the wheel and the next you know I need a car to go with it. It happens that way. I said, " I Do " and,well, we won't go there !

1 comment:

  1. You are learning the true meaning to the old adage, "One bad apple spoils the whole bunch!" *wink & big grin*

    ReplyDelete