Friday, August 19, 2011

An Anniversary

Today marks exactly one year of my writing this blog. This date is memorable for  other reasons as well. The birth of my daughter and the death of an Uncle.
I was born in July but August is a month full of special dates for me.
A year ago I read a blog written by a classmate. I thought,how cool is that,and decided to try it. And that was the title of my first blog, How cool is that.
I have been fortunate to write something every day,with two exceptions,since that time.
The website that publishes my blog also provides you with stats about your blog. I check them out every now and then. I want to see how I'm doing. Every time someone reads one a page view is recorded. My all time page view history is, drum roll please, 3,051. Amazing. To think that my thoughts have been read that many times. My most popular writing by page view, Feb 9,2011 titled The Antenna.
Now,how cool is that ? It struck me back then and still does today. To be able to sit and write your thoughts and have them read by people all over the world. Literally. The stats show I have had readers in nine different countries. How or why someone in Belize would come across my blog is beyond me but it happened. Just goes to prove how small a world we really do live in.
To my "followers " thank you for your support. I hope I give you a chuckle and occasionally something to think about. My daily blog is a sort of therapy to me.
Thank You Barbara for the inspiration to start writing.
Each of us have a story to tell. I think we should all write it down. You don't have to be a Mark Twain or Stephen King, write it and they will read.

No comments:

Post a Comment