Sunday, February 6, 2011

Fondue

It's Superbowl Sunday ! There are not what I would call big football fans in my house. The occupants are down to my wife and myself. I would call myself a baseball fan but not a football guy. I enjoy watching the Yankees and would watch every game if I could. Football I can take it or leave it. My wife cares little for either.
Funny thing is though we, like most Americans always watch the Superbowl. When my boys were still at home we had a regular party. Chips and dip,sandwiches and desserts. I don't have any explanation for this other than we all wanted something to talk about at the proverbial water cooler the next day. So today the wife says,what do you want for the Superbowl ? I don't have any real suggestions and she says.,I feel like something different. Remember that cheese dip we used to have ? Yes, I remember.
A short time after this brief exchange a smile crosses my face. I get amused by my own thoughts sometimes.
Whatever happened to our fondue pot ? I recall when  having fondue was a party in itself. I had an Aunt,God rest her soul, who thought she was Julia Child and her fondue parties were legendary. I hadn't thought of fondue in years. Funny how thoughts pop into your mind. I know they have a restaurant called the Melting Pot that, from what I understand, has raised fondue to an art.
I'm thinking my fondue set went to the same place as my lava lamp. And while I'm thinking about it where is that polyester leisure suit. Did more than one Hustle in that one. Well no matter I think we will just buy a jar of cheez whiz and zap that sucker. Don't have any of those long little forks either but I do have bamboo skewers. We will make do. Real shame I misplaced that lava lamp it would have added atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment