Thursday, October 21, 2010

I'm just sayin'

Ever notice how in TV sitcoms the characters rarely work but always have money to spend ? I have always been aware of this seemingly impossible scenario. Even the sitcoms were the characters are supposed to be poor or middle classed. It is also true in almost all other types of shows too. They may elude to some job they have but almost never are they at it. Yet,they go on vacations,go out to eat,shopping,drive new cars and never have there lights turned off or have to eat mac and cheese.
Then came these so called reality shows. I guess I shouldn't judge really because I have only watched a few,but that never stopped me before so I'm saying these shows are about as far from real as you can get !
Competing for money is supposed to be real ? Not my idea of reality. Cooking shows were the head chef demeans the contestants and they just say "yes Chef" let me tell you in my reality you had best not speak to me in that fashion ! It is going to be real hot in the kitchen if you know what I mean. Big brother house I don't know what that is supposed to be all about. Top Model ,don't get me started ! And the Grandaddy of them all Survivor. The only thing real about it is the lying cheating and back stabbing that everyone seems to enjoy watching so much. I fail to see the entertainment value in that behaviour. Is that what you want to teach your children,win at any cost morals be damned for a million bucks.
I think it is a sad commentary on society. Couldn't we at least pretend to have a shred of decency and not brag about underhanded tactics ?
I'll continue to watch the History channel and Biography channel. The evening news now that is reality and there is enough misdeeds on there to satisfy any ones desire.

1 comment:

  1. I hate the reality shows and for exactly why you stated

    ReplyDelete