Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Transparent

  I heard on the news this morning that the entire footage of the Uvalde school shooting has been released. Well, leaked is the word used but the entire video can be seen. I googled it and it was readily available. On the news the parents of those students were quite upset as they had requested to see all the footage and have been denied. I believe they are completely justified in that outrage. Eight two minutes of surveillance video in total. 
 I believe releasing this footage to the general public is wrong. My reasoning is simple enough, it isn't entertainment! The only people that need to see this are those directly affected and those on a jury. What purpose does the release of this footage serve other than to serve as a legal record of what transpired. Posting this video to the internet, for the curiosity, for the amusement, or for perceived profit of anyone or any entity is plain wrong! I'm all for transparency, let every second of that footage be scrutinized. That scrutiny should serve the cause of justice, not as an entertainment. Those that need to see the footage should certainly see the footage. I'm just saying John Q Public doesn't need to see it. 
  I will not be watching that footage. I already know the result, the ending. I expect a "page view" will be recorded simply because I searched for that video. If I knew how I would remove that altogether, don't count me in on that morbid fascination. Make no mistake about it, this video was released in the interest of profit in some fashion. It has nothing to do with transparency, justice, or freedom! It serves a singular purpose, garnering views. The whole, look at me thing. Did they get your attention? Are you upset? That's the intent, the purpose. It's working too, I'm writing about it aren't I? Yes, and that is what this is all about. The "dreaded" influence that the mainstream media and political pundits are so concerned with these days. If it isn't Russians attempting to influence us, it is Elon Musk or some other rich people. I'm being "influenced." We used to call that being persuaded. Persuaded however implies something more subtle that influence. Being persuaded implies a surrender, whereas influenced implies you made the choice. Yes, it's a subtle thing, the power of words and suggestion. Transparency or exploitation? For me the truth is quite transparent. This is about profit in some fashion, nothing to do with justice.       

No comments:

Post a Comment