Friday, July 8, 2022

Setting the standard

  Yesterday after posting my morning salutations and all the other activity I normally pursue I received notice from Facebook that I had violated community standards. What a surprise. I was shown a post where I stated that you didn't get to kill someone for your own convenience. That is apparently not allowed. You cannot support saving lives! And that is what my intention with that statement was. Of course, Facebook says I can dispute that finding but they don't have enough people to review the cases so I'm guilty as charged, blocked for two days. Yeah, that's certainly the Democratic way. Guilty until someone decides that you are not. Really until a human being can reason it out because their computer just picks out a word that triggers that. Had I used the word, terminate, as in terminate a pregnancy that comment would certainly have been just fine. 
 But I'll say it once again it is their game, their ball, and they can take it and go home whenever they feel like it. I do enjoy the "community" and all the interaction I have with people from all walks of life. I do enjoy the jokes, memes and photographs. But I may have to move to a new community if this keeps up. I realize it will be no loss to Facebook, they couldn't care less as I pay no fee to them. They will still have plenty of users to satisfy the advertisers needs. I just get annoyed with the non-decision decision. It's like Facebook believe I'm influencing the world! Yeah, my comments and opinions are going to change the world. But the truth is the powers that be simply wish to silence those that don't agree with the popular narrative. Well, at least force you to use the "approved" terminology. All manner of foul and obscene language is allowed, that's acceptable to the community. Other words or phrases are not. Setting the standard! 
 I have read the community standards. Quite the subjective document I'd say. In reality it states you can be blocked from using the site for any reason at all, or no reason at all. I realize it was written by a team of lawyers, the same lawyers that insist the Constitution says this, but really means that. I can use all the "four" letter words I want to, no problem, that's acceptable dialogue in the community, as long as you aren't mean or hurt anyone's feelings. I can post photographs just shy of XXX and that's fine. But I can't be pro-life! That's against community standards. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment