Friday, January 14, 2022

until it isn't

  I was listening to the news as they talked about Prince Andrew and the accusations against him. Now I'm not one to be a bit concerned with the royals. Apparently, he was friends with Epstein. The accusation is that he sexually abused/assaulted underage women, or at least one woman. Ghislane is supposed to be the one providing this young girl for his pleasure. A judge has now ruled that he can be charged and made to testify. What struck me about that was the defense team. They were saying it wouldn't be right to have a royal testifying, under oath! The implication being, we all should just take his word for it because, well, he is a royal. And if you swear to something, under oath, that means it is the absolute truth! The jury would have to believe that! If I were innocent that is certainly what I would want the jury to believe. I'd testify. But he shouldn't. I'm not certain I understand the reasoning here. 
 Moving on from the royal scandal to covid news. I heard where in certain venues or situations in New York City proof of vaccination is required. I need a vax card! Shouldn't a sworn statement be enough? I mean if I swear, I'm telling the truth, take an oath. A notary public stamp should be sufficient. Seems to me that I recall the government saying they were going to use the honor system. Now it would seem, honor isn't enough. And the booster shots must be recorded on that vax card too. Do I get a free booster after every seventh one? 
  There is just so much about all of this that I find confusing. Infection rates are down, hospitalizations are at record highs. The Omicron variant is 99% less lethal than the delta variant. The delta variant has a 99% survival rate so Omicron can't be much worse than getting the snuffles. If you think you have covid don't go to the hospital! Get an at home test that may or may not be accurate and reliable. Be careful though there is price gouging going on but the government is running out of tests. The president says he is buying a half a billion, er 500 million tests, that's a billion tests and they will all be free. And now we all need the N95 masks, again. Remember when this started that is what we needed and then when there weren't any, anything will do just fine. At one point we were told to wear two! 
 Well, I'll just go about my business. I haven't gotten the jab and have no plans to do so. The great Doctor has already said, everyone in America will get covid at some point. Yes, we all get a cold, a coronavirus infection. I have in the past and I'm certain I will in the future. I will not stand in line for hours to be tested for something I may or may not have. I will not buy a test to see if I need to be tested. 
I don't care what they do with Prince Andrew, in my opinion, charge him same as anybody else. I'm still not wearing any mask unless it is required. I do obey the law, whether that law is just, fair, or whatever isn't the point to me, if it is the law, it's the law, until it isn't.   

No comments:

Post a Comment