Friday, January 28, 2022

Truth and Promises

  Is anyone listening? I seriously have to wonder about that given what is going on. The President is on television making blatantly racist remarks and the media is supporting him on that. He has said, "they" need to be represented by someone "like" them. Who is he talking about? Black women. Yes, that's who he is talking about. Are black women different from every other woman? Isn't that a segregationist attitude? I mean, if they are something different, something separate from all other woman, wouldn't that be the case? They? Those people? What happened to equality? What happened to being blind to race? Guess that does matter doesn't it? Yeah, matters a lot when you want to get the vote. Especially true when you want the group you also insist can't do anything on their own to vote for your leadership. And there is no doubt the Democrats hold that attitude. The poor black folks, just can't do anything on their own because the white Republicans be holding them down. But now Pappy Joe will seat a black woman on the highest court in the land because, well, we all know "they" couldn't ascend to those heights without his help. Never get there on their merits, well unless those merits are being black and being a woman. 
 Do I sound upset? I am. I'm upset when the President and the media can just drop all pretense of fairness and outright say, we will base the decision on race! Look, I'm no idiot, I know this stuff has been going on forever. It's human nature to exclude, judge, do favors for others, promote your own agenda and all of that. But, I thought we had at least reached a level were a pretense of fairness, of being unbiased, of not discriminating, was the accepted practice. No more! Just say it out loud. The qualification for this appointment is being a black woman. No other need apply. Biden has even admitted to "promising" that before he became president. It was a campaign promise. I'll be prejudiced against all other women except black women. The truth is, it is prejudicial and blatantly illegal! Se the the 13th, 14th and 24th amendment for clarification! This statement just shows the attitude it is US against Them. Them being, black women in this case. That's why he will nominate one of "them." Are you listening?
 Now the Justice that is retiring, Justice Breyers, agreed to do so under certain conditions. I don't know what all those conditions are but I do know one, only if Bidens nominee for the court is confirmed. Yes, that's a condition. I know little to nothing about this Justice, as I'm certain few of you reading this would either, but what the heck is that? Biden said he will nominate a black woman, that's absolutely clear. So, by extension, this justice is saying, I'll only retire if a black woman takes my place. How is that right? Are we now to make deals with the justices to retire conditionally? You know when some political advantage is to be gained. I do have to wonder why a justice of the supreme court would jeopardize his legacy with such a murky, shady deal. What's in it for him? Call me skeptical but why would someone risk their name, their reputation for this? As I said, I know little about him but I sure lost a lot of respect for him when I read that statement from him. He wrote, and I quote, "he will step down at the end of the court's current term, assuming his successor has been nominated and confirmed." 
 The next term begins October the third. Justice Breyer made it clear. Unless a black woman is on the bench, he isn't leaving. Unless a black woman is confirmed, he will not retire. How is that statement acceptable to anyone? Isn't that an equally prejudicial statement? If he had said, assuming a white man gets nominated and confirmed, that certainly would be a problem. This Justice, along with his colleagues has issued an opinion on racial qualifications in the past. They ruled that one cannot be discriminated against based on race. Race cannot be a condition of qualification for any job, position, or appointment. Guess he has changed his opinion when it comes to someone taking his seat on the bus! Only a black woman can do that! 
 Well, that's my rant for this morning. I feel better for having expressed my opinion on all of this. I'm just telling my truth as I see it. And the truth is, this whole deal is prejudicial and illegal. In my opinion an impeachable offense! The justice should also be removed from the bench for his remarks. If the American people can't get so much as a pretense of law and order, of following the constitution, we are truly in a downhill slide. The statements made are statements of a true dictator! Can't say we weren't warned though, Biden made this promise on the campaign trail. He promised to be prejudiced and continues to make that promise! That's the truth of it. And some mainstream media outlets are actually applauding him for it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment