Saturday, January 15, 2022

the beat goes on

 And the beat goes on. No not the hit song by Sonny and Cher (1967) but the politicians in the city of Baltimore. Yesterday it was reported that the city state attorney Marilyn Mosby has been indicted on four counts. Comes as no surprise to me, or anyone else I think. Fraud and perjury are the charges. This federal indictment, it was reported, will be easy to prove. There are signed documents to substantiate the claims. Marilyn Mosby held a press conference, where she wouldn't take questions, and professed her innocence. Yes, that is all she had to say, I didn't do anything wrong. I have to say that woman just makes me sick, always has. Her defense is that she has been scrutinized too closely because she is a progressive, black, woman! The fact that she, on more than one occasion, refused to invite Fox news to her press conferences, or answer any questions from fox, either in person or by e-mail is just proof that they have been out to get her. The fact that her husband is the president of the city council and had a tax lien of 40 thousand dollars on their property, which he denied several times, on camera, and she now says, I didn't know anything about that doesn't warrant any scrutiny. No, the feds are just picking on her. I would just like to point a simple fact out to Ms. Mosby, or any other person that says they are being too closely scrutinized. Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is looking! I don't care how close anyone is looking if I am not doing anything wrong!
 The experts on the news are saying it could be a year or more before a trial is held, unless she pleads it out. Yes, she can make a plea deal. Now as an attorney her license to practice law can be revoked, she can be disbarred. I'm hoping that happens. An attorney has to display integrity and she certainly hasn't done that. There are signed documents, signed by her, involving real estate transactions, and tax fraud. She can claim ignorance all she wants but the proof is right there. Not my opinion, the experts said that! For me it is further proof just how deep the corruption in Baltimore city politics goes. Her chief prosecutor recently resigned in disgrace. He abused the powers of his position to send illegal subpoenas to the phone company. He wanted to know the whereabouts of an ex-girlfriend. With another ex she owed him money. He sent threatening letters, on city letterhead, to her threatening her with arrest if she didn't pay. All illegal! He has been disbarred. 
 But I think what bothers me most about all of that is there are still those that support her. Now I don't live in Baltimore and I'm glad of that. I just don't get how anyone living in that city could support her after this. Yes, her progressive policies have kept some out of jail, the ones that are only committing a little harmless crime in her opinion, and that can be appealing, to criminals. I get that she is a black woman, and some will support her for that alone. Yeah, Black power and all that. Thing is the entire city government is controlled by black politicians and in the last twenty years there hasn't been much improvement. Three previous mayors, all black women left office in disgrace for a variety of reasons. The last one is still in prison. But, that's none of my business. A white female reporter was fired from her job for suggesting perhaps a change was in order. After a few months Fox news did hire her though. I just wonder why the people of Baltimore keep voting for the same thing expecting a different result. This is proof enough to me. And, the beat goes on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment