Thursday, December 12, 2019

OK Boomers

 It's a guilty pleasure, one I should really just quit, but I'm human and subject to faults. I can't help but state my truths on postings from the New York Times. The guilty pleasure in that? The knowledge that my comment will be followed with a string of negative responses. In recent weeks it has been Ok Boomer. I can't but chuckle and be amused by that. I suppose I'm supposed to be offended. Things is we boomers were taught something when we were children to counteract that. " Sticks and Stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me. " Yeah, these folks seem to have forgotten that we boomers were taught to " get over it. " And that's another phrase that will set them off at the New York Times. I just can't help it, it's amusing to me. 
 In their comments it is frequently mentioned that I used to work at Save-A-Lot. That tells me these folks are reading my profile page. It is frequently insinuated that working at the market is somehow a less than honorable job. I wonder if I replaced that line on my profile page with, Professor of Phycology with a PhD in interpersonal relationships if there response would be different? Somehow I don't think they would believe that as quickly as they believe I worked at Save-A-Lot. Strangely no one has ever mentioned that I retired from the Navy except to say the military is for those not smart enough to go to college. Then they thank me for my service. That always cracks me up. Another amusement for me is when these folks attempt to just change basic facts altogether. Today it is, that's what he said but not what he meant. Yes, these folks have now decided that what they think a phrase may mean counts as fact! Its' like how terminating a pregnancy isn't killing a baby. Yes terminating a pregnancy will prevent the growth and development of a human being but that doesn't mean its' killing that human being. 
 Well I don't intend to get started on all of that. I was just sitting here this morning chuckling over comments written yesterday in response to mine. I just don't understand how this folks think at all. I did see an article in the Times about four, women of color as they put it, holding four major beauty pageant titles. It's the first time in history. I couldn't help but scratch my head on that one. Wasn't it the Times that was railing against beauty pageants just a short time back. Didn't they say beauty pageants were objectifying women? Didn't they champion the idea of removing the swim suit competition from those pageants for that very reason? So I'm confused, is wining a beauty pageant a notable achievement, empowering, if you are " women of color. " Is that what you are now promoting New York Times? In fairness I didn't receive many comments about that remark. That usually happens when their isn't a popular and current argument to the contrary. Following that I read where Time magazine named Greta as Person of the Year. So I couldn't help but point out that this young girl, the one that played hooky from school to protest outside the Swedish parliament and subsequently travel to America to throw a hissy fit is somehow their choice? No mention for those that were killed protesting for freedom in Hong Kong? You know, people that actually were doing something other than repeating a script! Now that really set them off. This young adult that is a champion! She will change the world, literally. Because of her comments, her passion, the climate will change! Well now I believe Moses parted the sea but Greta ain't changing the climate. Now, that's a fact.
 Well, like I said it's a guilty pleasure. I do enjoy the comments , the interaction. I'm amused by those remarks. It is rather like being in the schoolyard. Name calling. OK Boomer. LOL. My usual response to that is, is that the best you can do? I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you! Nah, Nah, Nah. Yes I'm a Boomer. I already know that, what else you got? I told you the truth and BOOM your head exploded. It's funny every time. Oh and Trump will not be removed from office. Yes it's a prediction, soon to be fact. Here's another fact, the climate will keep changing. Or here's another fact, there are only two genders. One more fact, Boomers will cast more votes in the upcoming election than any other demographic. So when the results are announced, the results verified and codified, you can then say, OK Boomers.  And we will answer, you're welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment