Monday, September 9, 2019

just believe

 I saw on the evening news that scientists feel they have solved the mystery of Loch Ness. Nessie, the Loch Ness monster is nothing more than an eel. Taking water samples and collecting DNA samples from that, that is the conclusion they have reached. These eels would normally grow to a length of three to four feet but it's possible a few freaks exist or existed that are much larger. As far as they are concerned, case closed.
 I listened to the story with amusement. They say people have been seeing Nessie since the 1500's. I'm thinking they will continue to see Nessie as long as the Loch is there. I was also thinking, I'm betting those that profit from Nessie will ensure that happens. I know I would anyway! Scientists attempting to prove that my monster is just an eel! That's not going to cut it! As I listened to the story I did feel a little, I don't know, disappointment. I'm not sure that is the right word to describe what I felt. I would rather the mystery remain unsolved. It is like a " spoiler " to a good story. Whether there is any truth to the story is not important, it's the story itself that is entertaining.
 I don't believe there is a lake monster or a big foot. I do believe the stories are fascinating. I guess it is just the thought of what is possible that intrigues us all.  Aliens, why not? All manner of goblins, ghosts, and monsters. All those things that go bump in the night. It's an appeal to the unknown. And I firmly believe there is much that man doesn't know, much man is not capable of understanding. We have to get over ourselves before that can happen. It is the arrogance of man that is the strongest impediment to progress. Yes, man figures he is pretty dang gone smart. Well until Mother nature strikes and then we are helpless.
 Man couldn't follow one simple rule, " but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die. " Actually there was only a three year ban on that. But man couldn't wait and we all know the result of that impatience. Impetuous is the word for that, followed by arrogance. Man has been struggling for survival ever since, and I might add, dying. Well no sense in crying over spilled milk. It could be that we will learn one day. Scientists claim they have proven the existence of the soul. They are calling it an energy that escapes the body when we die. They claim to be able to detect that at the moment of death. Energy, soul, whatever you wish to label it, I already knew it existed, no proof required. Proof is only for those with doubts. Nessie is in Loch Ness, Big Foot, with all the various names, are everywhere. Nessie an eel? You expect me to buy that? C'mon.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment