Thursday, June 27, 2019

invited?

 It's something I have mentioned before, but it occurred to me again last evening as I watched the television. A commercial for some restaurant or another came on and proclaimed how they love their guests! They live to take care of their guests! And I thought, guest?, who charges their guests? If I have to pay I'm not your guest. I may or may not leave a gratuity. That depends upon whether I am grateful. And that usually depends upon the bill.
 Now I know they say that stuff to make you feel welcome. I guess I'm just used to the slogan, the customer is always right. That's what I heard growing up. I was referred to as a customer. Customers were appreciated, customers were encouraged to return, but we weren't called a guest. You had a guest come to your house or maybe a rented facility of some kind. For some reason it bothers me. Maybe it is because of all the renaming of everything these days. The media is especially guilty of this. And they do it gain your attention. Consider this, an agency of the federal government is attempting to apprehend illegal aliens in our country. How is that reported? ICE is rounding up families for deportation! Notice the term, rounding up, to imply what? Notice they say families, why? The only accurate part is deportation. And then the media reports there are sanctuaries. The truth is they are hideouts! The truth is, these sanctuaries are just harboring criminals. That's the truth of the matter. Trump is putting children in cages! So you're saying a chain link fence used as a divider, a fence, is a cage! OMG, look at the number of cages there are in America if that is the standard. Our children go to school inside a cage!
 Well whatever the case I'm getting annoyed with this nonsense. I wish we would just go back to the old way. Call a spade a spade! OMG, I'm not supposed to say that anymore either. There are two genders. Two and only two. If I am paying you for a service, no matter what that service may be, I'm your customer! I'm not your guest unless it is free. Hey, I'm not being fooled one bit by that. If I fail to pay you I'm certain you will take action against your guest, like calling the cops. If I were truly a guest it would be no problem, come back anytime, my treat. Or do you charge your guests when they come to dinner or for drinks? And why do they call it a business license, why isn't it a guest license? You're licensed to have guests. Aren't guests invited? I think they are. When I decide to enter a business that isn't an invitation, it's a decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment