Saturday, January 27, 2018

holding the glass

 It isn't a secret that the left has been rather upset since the election. To say a divisive atmosphere has existed in no understatement. I have see little improvement in the last year. Whereas I can understand the disappointment that your chosen candidate didn't win, mine didn't , I don't understand why you would want the president to fail. It just seems like that is, as the saying goes, cutting off your nose to spite your face. But it is exactly what I see almost daily. What's the latest plan to remove him ? I believe it is something based in moral turpitude. Trump is alleged to have had a dalliance with Stormy Daniela. It is alleged he paid 130,000 dollars in hush money. It doesn't seem to be working very well, the left will have to try something else. I'm waiting for them to accuse him of animal cruelty, that ought to do the trick. No matter that Bill Clinton was " dallying " in the oval office. No matter that the then " first lady " defended those actions, indeed you could say enabled them, and then she herself runs for office ! That sort of moral turpitude is perfectly acceptable. But let's not digress into the sorted world of the Clintons. We are coming off the Obama years, eight of them in fact. Worst economic record of any president, ever. Just a simple fact regardless of where you wish to place blame. I'm thinking a neighborhood organizer just didn't have the skills necessary to run a corporation as large as the Federal government. Make no mistake about it, government is big business. Even though I didn't vote for him it appears Trump knows how to run a business. Our economy is booming and the stock market at an all time high. Of course those on the left would have you believe that is the result of Obama, but whatever.
 Initially I thought things would calm down but that now doesn't seem to be the case. It's been a full year and I'm hearing the same old thing. The election was rigged, there was collusion with the Russians, Hillary won the popular vote, and Trump isn't my president. And I keep saying the same thing as well. Trump isn't my President but Trump is THE president. Just another fact the left refuses to accept. I used to think it was just a matter of the old the glass is half full, half empty analogy. The left being pessimistic ( half empty ) and the right half full ( optimistic ) but to my surprise there is a third  position. The left is mad that they don't have the glass ! They will not try to fill that glass until they are the ones holding it. And that is my assessment of where we are. Until we stop arguing about the glass we can't do anything to empty or fill it, we are stuck.
 There is another three years to go with this administration. We'll see if it lasts or not. Only history will give us answers. As I said, I didn't vote for Trump or Hillary but I know who the President is. I hope he does what is best for the country as a whole. Yes, it's true I share some of the same ideas as Trump. I believe in a free market society. I don't believe the government should be a charitable organization, it's a business. The government is supposed to be dependent upon its' citizens, not the other way around. Hard choices must be made, difficult decisions made. You can not run a country on feelings. You must run a country or a business based on real world facts and realities. I hope Trump is successful. I hope every President is successful. All I'm saying is, if you're fighting a fire does it matter where the water comes from ?  A thirsty person doesn't care who is holding the glass as long as they get a drink !    

No comments:

Post a Comment