Wednesday, January 3, 2018

apps and apt

 Anyone using a computer has to be aware of the hackers, spyware and malware floating around out there. You just don't know where it may be lurking. Some have labeled this area , the dark web. The dark web may contain all those things found on the black market, along with all the dangers associated with dealing in the dark. I understand the hackers and such that are just trying to access your information to steal from you, their has always been crooks. People have always found ways to benefit from your lose in some fashion. And yes, there are those that directly cause that lose. I get it, I really do. What I don't understand is doing something without getting the " enjoyment " of seeing the results, not receiving a gain. It has been said revenge is a dish best served cold but why serve a dish to a stranger ? What pleasure, what gain is there in that ?
 I am talking about these viruses and such that just destroy your computer. The ones that the sole designed purpose is to destroy someone else's property. You don't know this person and certainly can't see the result. It is like throwing a bomb into a crowd of strangers. Why would you do that ? It is something I find hard to fathom. I want to see the result of my action. Even though it is sick and wrong that is where the satisfaction stems from isn't it, seeing the destruction you have caused ? I want to see the result.
 I have posted and reposted many times about not sending me stuff in messenger. I have been told that messenger is the easiest gateway for these people to enter. I rarely use it for anything anymore as a result of this. I will send a message to a personal friend on it, script only. I have sent pictures that way but they were ones I took and so felt safe about. It is a shame when others have to resort to such nefarious behaviors to entertain themselves. Instead of using their programming skills and abilities for a good cause, they use that talent to destroy. I really just don't get it.
 I have an anti-virus program installed and it seems to do a pretty good job. Thing is, for the average user, how would you know anyway ? I have lost several computers to a virus or something similar. I've tried various " fix-it " programs with varying degrees of success. Not knowing that much about computers and their internal workings I am at a disadvantage. I'm told these virus and malware programs can be hidden almost anywhere and strike at any time. I admit to a degree of paranoia about all of this. The evidence of that is my unwillingness to use messenger. It does bother me as I am not one to be afraid, as a general rule. Cautious ? Absolutely, I am no dare devil, never have been, but this can cost you more than money, it can cost you memories ! I know, back everything up, make copies, store them on an external hard drive. I've done all of that and in so doing increased my paranoia. Then I throw my arms up and say, why can't these idiots just leave stuff alone ?
 Okay so I have had my rant for this morning and feel better for it. Back to the real world where you have to be aware of all this stuff. Fortunately I do not do a whole lot on the world wide web. There are a few websites I enjoy and visit every now and again. I don't know if I'm wandering around in the dark or not ! Maybe I should just take a flashlight along , just in case. Now there's an idea for an " app. " A flashlight for the dark web ! Hey, my wife's phone has an actual flashlight on it, surely one for the web can't be that difficult to make. Surely someone out there knows just how to illuminate the bad stuff. Make it so a buzzer or a flashing signal of some type appears in the presence of a virus or malware. Well, I suppose someone would hack that too. Yes, it is " apt " to happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment