Thursday, February 13, 2014

Yeah, that's logical

I heard some really great logic yesterday. It is so good I am still trying to digest it. I had to share with you all in case you have not been enlightened. Eric Holder has figured out the crime problem in the country. At least the felony crime recidivism rate. He has proposed that we return the privilege of voting to convicted felons after they are released from prison. He feels they will not commit further crimes if we do that. That is the logic I'm trying to digest. I'm a previously convicted bank robber, a felon, I serve my time, say twenty years and am released. I meet with hard times finding employment because I'm an ex con you know, and consider robbing that bank. But no, if I do that I won't get to vote ! I was denied that for the last twenty years, I have learned my lesson. I don't care how desperate I get, I will do my civic duty from now on and vote ! Please Mr. Holder don't revoke that right again, why its' inhumane. I know you understand.That is why you oppose voter ID cards. Interfering with criminals rights to vote isn't justice at all. It really makes no difference if you are a convicted felon or just an illegal immigrant, denying the vote just isn't right.
In related news the Lt.Governor of Maryland, Mr. Brown wants to decriminalize marijuana. This should be done because a disproportionate number of young African American males are getting criminal records for the illegal use and possession of this substance. It is not the fault of the youth however, it is the fact that having the stuff is criminal. It we decriminalize it there won't be any crime. There, problem solved. The problem lies with the law not the person breaking the law. I wonder if that logic would work in traffic court ? I know I was doing 75 judge and the sign said 60, but if the sign said 75 I wouldn't have been breaking the law. The sign is wrong !
I can't help but marvel at the logic of these elected officials. How you can arrive at these conclusions is beyond my power to understand. It takes a special kind of " perception " I'm guessing. The same perception used in saying that guns kill people. People kill people, a gun doesn't do anything at all unless someone picks it up,loads it and pulls the trigger. Is the gun at fault ? No, it did what it was designed to do, by man. Some argue that the founding fathers ,when they wrote the second amendment, never envisioned a time when we would have automatic weapons and large magazines. Well maybe they just never envisioned a time when we would blame the gun. The spin doctors are going into overdrive. Logic and common sense are slowly being replaced by legalese and double talk. I can do little but shake my head and wonder. I can still vote though and shall do so. I'll keep listening and waiting, waiting to hear something positive. There is always hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment