Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I'm Moving On

I was thinking about some old friends and acquaintances and how we are all different. I was also thinking about those that we gravitate toward. In recent years we often refer to our spouse or significant other as our soul mate. I think there just may be something to that. Our souls may indeed be connected. And it may not only be with our spouses but with all of mankind. I do think our souls are energy and as such never destroyed.
This thought came to me as I was remembering a particular person. This person was always on the edge of fashion and embraced whatever was new. In thinking about this person the only adjective that came to mind was, current. This person was current and enjoyed the present time. With that thought in mind it occurred to me that I am more yesterday. I feel a stronger connection to the past than to the present. The future is for dreamers.
We have all heard of someone who has an old soul. These people seem to have a calmness and understanding of things beyond their years. I have known a few like that. I think their souls are close to a transformation. Just what that transformation may be, I can not imagine. I will leave that to the dreamers. To those that carry the hope for the future with them. They are the poets and spiritualists among us.
I think we all fit into one of these categories, to varying degrees. The degree to which we conform depends upon on our own awareness. You are the only one that truly knows your soul. The hearts desire is another matter altogether and should not be confused. The heart and soul are different elements but comprise the one. The wise man follows his soul but the passionate follow the heart. Just as faith and belief are intertwined so are the heart and soul. Each is dependant upon the other.
When I think of the past I feel an energy there. I draw upon that energy. Yesterday for me is never really gone. I can not just forget about it like some others appear to do. I have an attachment. There is a song currently on the radio that speaks to that. The singer says, " I hear voices " and I can relate to that. I hear the voices of those in the past as well. I haven't forgotten. For me the truths of the past are still valid. Call them " values " if you will, but I call them signposts. If one just reads the signs the destination can be reached.
I am not saying we all need to take the same roads in life. The avenue would get a little crowded. What I am saying is I think we need to know just where on the highway we are. Our souls are on a journey. The real question in all of this is, is there an end to the journey ? I would say no. Believing our soul is energy and cannot be destroyed that is the only logical conclusion. I do think we can strive to be a force for good. To strive for something more than ourselves. The destination is what ? To know that is to know the meaning of life. All we can do is keep reading the signposts. One day the destination will be reached. That destination is all a matter of faith and belief. Our hearts and souls are the vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment