Thursday, February 20, 2014

Sex

I'll bet you all clicked on this right away. That title got your attention. It usually does and it is used a lot. To sell products mostly. I am always amazed at how the advertisers manage to work some sexual innuendo into their products or services. Doesn't seem to matter what the product is either, car insurance,buying a car,clothes,deodorants, house paint or whatever. Sex sells. Everyone talks about it. Even who we should or should not be having sex with is discussed ! It is a topic that has been of interest since man began. Some people are very comfortable with the subject and others are far more modest. I fall into the modest crowd. That aspect of my life is nobodys business but my own. I don't want to talk about it. So why am I writing a blog with the title, sex ? Just wanted to see how many page views it attracts I suppose.
I grew up in the sixties. The era of " free love " and all that. I guess that sort of behavior did take place in the really cool spots like Height Asbury ( sp) and other places in California but not where I lived. At least I don't believe it did. Oh, we had the hip kids and they probably smoked some dope, but not much more than that going on. The telling of the stories is always a lot more exciting than the truth of the situation. The hippies were exploring their sexuality. Yeah, ok call it that if you want to, I have a different name for it.
And now we have reached the point where we can buy pills to extend ( no pun intended ) our explorations. I could put in any number of double entradas but will refrain. I see many commercials and written articles saying how we should stay " active " forever. The implication being if you somehow lose interest in these explorations the quality of your life is diminished. You probably need help of some kind. I think it is the drug companies that are ratcheting up this social pressure. At the very least they are planting the seed of doubt. Or are they trying to say the acceptance of a change in your life cycle is a bad thing ? Better living through drugs. Sounds like a familiar theme doesn't it ? Well sex is money. Always has been in one form or another. I don't expect it will ever change.

No comments:

Post a Comment