Monday, January 13, 2014

A Polar Vortex ?

Last year we had a wind effect that the news started calling a Derecho. This year I hear we now have a Polar Vortex ! Oh my, that sounds a bit more serious now doesn't it ? That Derecho thing isn't much more than high winds associated with thunderstorms but a vortex ? Is all the warm air on the earth going to be sucked into this vortex ? And if it does just where is it going ? I figure it must be tied into this global warming thing I'm always hearing about. I guess that is where the heat is coming from, this vortex. The graphic I saw of it shows it at the north pole. A few weeks before this vortex shows up they were saying the the north and south poles are going to shift polarity in the near future. The experts said this happens every so often. I wonder if the vortex will shift along with it ? Then would we get global cooling ? Gee, maybe it is all part of the plan. Or maybe it is just that we don't know half as much as we think we do. Where was the vortex during the ice age ? What pole was what polarity ? In fact is the north pole positively charged or negatively charged ? How would we know ? Man assigned the names but the names could be backward. I wonder how come we keep coming up with new names to explain things. Polar vortex does sound official I have to admit. My old friend Google says it was first described in 1853. Google also says they can be called a cyclone or circumpolar whirl. The thing is it happens all the time. It is just stronger in the winter months in the northern hemisphere.
So I take another deep breath realizing the world isn't coming to an end after all. This polar vortex won't suck us all in. They can last a month or more but will calm down eventually. Seems as though this has been a part of the normal weather pattern all along. Funny how the universe seems to take of itself without any help from us.Could it be that we don't know it all ? Last year it was a derecho that threatened us and now a polar vortex. It can make a person nervous thinking about what may lie in store. Well the poles are going to shift polarity at some point, but we don't know when. I wonder will that happen instantaneously ? If it doesn't, then what ? And when it does happen won't all the compasses be pointing in the wrong direction ? So then up is down and north is south ? Oh, I hope it doesn't happen in my lifetime, I'm kinda used to things being the way they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment