Sunday, April 11, 2021

abuse

  Time served, once again I am free to post my comments on Facebook. I have to say it wasn't the first time I had to sit in the corner. First time Facebook put me in there however but it is what it is. I was reminded of teachers of the past and the punishments they would use. I had one that would make you put your gum on the end of your nose, that way you could keep an eye on it, make sure it didn't get stuck under the desk. Another teacher would make you stand in the hall. In todays' climate I'm sure those teachers would be in serous trouble for traumatizing their students. And I haven't even mentioned Mrs. Flannery and her paddle! Discipline will be maintained! Lessons learned. 
  That is the way that exile from Facebook felt, teaching me a lesson. You will comply or be banned. It's an amazing thing how these liberals think really, Zuckerberg is certainly a liberal in my opinion.  In order to promote unity and the free exchange of ideas you will be banned if you don't promote unity and the free exchange of ideas. In brief, repeat after me or shut up. And I have to say, just like the old adage it is his "ball" and he can take it and go home if he wants too. I haven't changed my thinking in that regard. I may not like it much but this is America and freedom is a two way street. Anyway I've been allowed back on the playground if I behave myself. All I can say is, I'll be who I am. I can play the game but when I don't agree with the call, I'll argue about it! Might even get in a fight. 
  It was rather difficult reading the comments and postings without being able to respond. I would occasionally browse the page and as usual inspired to add a witty remark or two. Ah, but I was in the corner, not allowed to participate. Didn't make those people sound any smarter though, I still read some pretty silly remarks. I was told if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all, but never adopted that as a personal policy. I feel a responsibility to educate and inform others, try to help them out whenever possible. I know they aren't always receptive to that, sometimes taking offense, but I'm willing to risk it. I do feel it necessary to be a part of the conversation. That is simply a part of my nature, I couldn't change that if I wanted too. Bully or powerful presence? Each of you have to decide upon that I have no control over any of that. 
  I was forced to listen a bit more and that perhaps was a good thing. It is true that often we respond before hearing the entirety of the statement. I admit to being prone to such. Listening to respond rather than listening to learn. It's just that when the first words out of someone's mouth are obviously based on an incorrect premise, I have to intervene. I listened to the news a bit more than I normally would, Listening to them gets me riled up a bit, always has since the liberal agenda took over the airwaves. Well, when the news became more about entertainment than fact to be more precise. Fictionalize the actual event and make it more exciting or use it to incite a response. I do remember when the evening news was ended with this simple statement. " and that's the way it is" That last happened on March the sixth, forty years ago. Since that time the news has become less informative and more formative. That is to say, biased in their attempts to influence the general public. 
  A statement made by John Adams comes to mind. He said, " Abuse of words has been the great instrument of sophistry and chicanery, of party, faction and division of society" The words are a little strange, not commonly used today but the meaning is unchanged. Sophistry means fallacious arguments intended to deceive, chicanery is intended to trick people, especially in politics, finance or legal matters. I'd say that has become the stock and trade of the Democratic party. Without going into a long explanation of why I believe that, I will let facts speak for themselves, all you need do to listen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment