Wednesday, May 29, 2019

changes

 The tide is changing. I can feel that in my soul. I am connected to the sea I have no doubt of that. My connection is not to the deep water however, but to the bay. Yes, I was in the Navy and have sailed the deepest oceans, I didn't quite circumnavigate the globe, but came close. I was as far north as to cross the arctic circle. I have crossed the tropic of capricorn as well. But it has always been to the bay that I was drawn. I love walking along the edge of the bay, smelling the sand, listening to the gulls and watching the horizon. No big crashing waves, no a gentle lapping sound, soothing in its' rhythm. It's a never ending cycle of advancing and retreat. The shoreline washed clean. 
 I believe that the whole universe has a tide. A rise and fall. Everything is interconnected. It's simple logic. They all have to be interconnected in some fashion as they were all created by one. Whatever you wish to label that one is not so important as the recognition of that fact. Current science talks about the big bang, a singularity expanding into what we know today. An expansion. It will be followed by a contraction. It's only a matter of time. True for the universe and true in our own little world, our personal world. And now I sense a change in the tide. It isn't the first time I have recognized that, it is, after all a natural thing. There have been times when I was caught unawares, I won't deny that, but there are times when I have just been waiting as well. 
 The tide is receding. I can feel the pull, the taking away. But with that receding tide I also feel the swell. It's a gathering of force. It will reach a peak and then rush back toward the shore. It may arrive as no more than a ripple but it will arrive. We often only notice the big waves, that crashing sound of the surf, but it is the ripples that travel the farthest. I don't know what to expect, but will be keeping a weather eye out. The tide is changing. Perhaps I am just feeling the approach of the perigee tide. The next one occurs June the 7th. The apogee was reached on the 26th so we are mid-cycle. Well, time and tide wait for no man, places to go, things to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment