Monday, October 2, 2017

Why

 I find myself struggling to find subjects to deal with. Seems like I have talked about everything. It is getting to be like talking about the weather. There is very little that is new or surprising. This morning I turn on the news and there has been another shooting. This time twenty people are dead and many more wounded. The shooter is dead. The cries for " gun control " will go up again. The general thinking will be, if he didn't have a gun he couldn't have shot anyone. Yes, that's true and if he wasn't a nut he wouldn't have done it either. The news will be all about why he did what he did. The investigation will be intense. The bottom line is you can not stop this sort of thing from happening, it is an unfortunate truth. There are crazy people in the world, those with warped minds and warped ideologies. Another tragedy is that I am not surprised or shocked by this type of thing happening. It has become all too common and we have to ask ourselves why. Guns have been around for a very long time, but this behavior is a relatively new thing. I don't believe it is the guns.
 Like I was saying there is very little new to write about. This topic I have discussed at length on more than one occasion. I don't have any more answers than anyone else. I do believe these deranged people that perpetrate these heinous acts are a product of our society. It is that we should examine closely. What has changed in our thinking that allows these thoughts to grow and fester. I wonder if it could stem from this philosophy that everyone is entitled. If I am not getting what I want I should demand it ! I have a right to whatever I want. If those demands aren't met I will act out. Isn't that what this is, acting out ? Just like a spoiled child these sick people act out to gain the attention they so desperately want. They even do so knowing it will cause their own deaths ! It is more than a rational mind can wrap themselves around. We are all left asking, why.
 I was hoping to just write about some insignificant incident in my life. Maybe I would tell an amusing anecdote. Then I see this news and my heart is deeply saddened. I am angered and feeling helpless. I didn't watch football because of recent actions, there acting out. Some will think I'm crazy but can these actions be related. It was at a country music festival. A conservative crowd ? That would be the initial thought wouldn't it. But we mustn't stereotype the audience. Will we ever know the true motive ? I rather doubt it. How can you know the thoughts of a dead man ? That is the first thing we want to know ; why ?    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment