Wednesday, October 18, 2017

making a choice

 I saw in the news where California now allows you to not choose a sex on your drivers license. That's correct, you don't have to choose between male or female. You can now say you are non-binary ! That means you must be at least a third choice, maybe more. When the officer calls into the station when making that traffic stop the description may be, I have a six foot, non-binary person of color of undetermined ethnicity. If that is what is on the license isn't that what he or she would have to report ? Well, I realize that nowadays you get to choose, but even then, there are only two sexes. With the addition of this non-binary designation wouldn't that add a third ? I know that there is a mental illness called multiple personality disorder,  wouldn't this be multiple sex disorder ? It sure sounds like a mental disorder to me. If you can't or refuse to pick a sex what else could it be ? If a non-binary person gets arrested what jail do you look them up in ? If you put a non-binary person in the male or female prison couldn't they then sue ? You are not recognizing a legal right to be a , whatever you think you are or aren't.
 I also saw an article saying how opioid deaths have dropped in Colorado since pot was legalized.  Yes, it has proven to be a alternative to opioid use. Well, even though I oppose the recreational use of pot I can see where you would choose to use pot instead of an illegal opioid. Just good common sense. I can buy the pot legally and it won't kill me. I would also expect it is a less expensive product. Sounds like a winning combination. What that article failed to mention was that deaths from traffic accidents have increased by 66%. Fewer people are overdosing, which generally kills just the one person, but traffic fatalities are up ! Traffic accidents normally involve more than one vehicle although I admit that isn't always the case. Makes for an interesting decision though. Is it good that fewer people are overdosing on illegal drugs but are now killing, or at least involving non-participants in their legal drug use ? I hear the argument, it's no worse than drinking alcohol. That is nothing more than a moral equivalency. It is employed by those doing something morally wrong as a means to justify their behavior. Both behaviors are equally as bad ! That is exactly why it is expressed as " no worse than . " A moral equivalency. The argument doesn't hold water at all. Does it make a difference if you overdose or crash your car in a fatal accident ? You are just as dead. In the later case you might kill one or more that aren't even involved.
 Almost every day I read or see in the news things that just boggle the mind. The Boy scouts are allowing girls to join. As far as I know you can still use whatever bathroom you want to identify with. The same applies to the locker rooms at fitness clubs. Statues are offending people. We have Nazis, communists and  all manner of evil folks staging parades and protests in equal numbers. The non-violent groups inciting violence and claiming to be victims. Guns have become violent, somehow magically animated themselves, taking over a person and committing mass shootings ! It's the guns, not the people. Executing a convicted criminal that perpetrated heinous and violent crimes is not morally acceptable but killing an unborn child is a choice ! Makes me shake my head trying to make sense of any of this claptrap I hear from the left. Well, there will come a breaking point, there always is, and I hope I live to see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment